Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Advocare Herbal Cleanse Day 10

So today is the last day of the cleanse!  Last day to drink those fiber drinks!  Yay!  Yesterday Ella and I cooked up a storm!  Chicken salad, breakfast bars, and kale chips!
First is Eli's version of chicken salad.  I had cooked chicken I shredded up, threw in some chopped celery, cut up red grapes, a tablespoon of relish, a little salt, pepper and sugar, then put some dijon mustard and yellow mustard.
 The next chicken salad was for everyone else.  Same chicken, celery, grapes, salt, pepper and sugar.  Then added a few hard boiled eggs and mayo until it tastes yummy.  It hit the spot.  Serve on bread, tortillas or bed of lettuce.
 Ella's version of breakfast bars.  She got the recipe from her Disney for Kids Cookbook.  It is butter and marshmallows melted in a pan, then added peanut butter.  Then removed from heat and granola added, press into a pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  Let sit for 30 minutes to cool.  These are very sticky and I should have greased the pan or something because they are hard to get out of the pan!
 My breakfast bars is from Pinterest, and it's supposed to be from Dr. Oz.  You mix vanilla, honey, peanut butter and quick oats together with whatever dried fruit you want.  I used cranberries and raisins, but his recipe actually called for tart dried cherries.  Refrigerate for 2 hours.  This is actually advocare friendly, because you can have everything in it.  Just moderation :)
 Kale chips was something different.  I'm not sure I made them right.  I washed and dried the leaves and put olive oil on them like the recipe....but I think too much oil.  It was supposed to bake for 10 minutes at 275, but it was closer to 20 minutes before they started getting crunchy.  Salt after baked.  I think less oil, maybe a little higher temp and waiting for them to get a little crunchier might have been better.  Really they just have no flavor. 
Tonight is leftovers because I don't have time for my other recipes.  Tomorrow I will have weight/measurement results! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment