Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Advocare Herbal Cleanse Day 9

Hello all!  Day 9 on, the fiber drink isn't as hard to choke down, and it's filling me back up and decreasing my appetite- maybe I won't even cheat today!  :)  We'll see how my results are with my little cheats and hard time motivating for exercise due to extra night shifts tomorrow.  I feel like I've gone down some inches though, so hopefully this can be the restart of a good thing- getting back to exercising daily and only having one "bad food" a day!
So I have reclaimed my camera- my momma brought it back- and here's my latest recipes both from Pinterest.
First was the salmon I told you about a few days back.
Whisk together...
  -1 scallion minced
  - 2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
  - 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
  - 1 Tbsp honey
  - 1 tsp ginger (I used a ground spice, they say to use fresh)
Put 1 LB center cut salmon fillets that are skinned and portioned in a plastic bag, add 3 Tbsp of sauce and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Preheat broiler and line a baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
Put salmon in the pan, skin side down and broil 4-6 inches from heat until cooked- about 6-10 minutes.
Drizzle with the reserved sauce and garnish with sesame seeds (I didn't do the seeds because I couldn't find them.)
Honey Soy Broiled Salmon with fresh green beans
This was pretty good- I just am not a huge fish person.  Things I would change and try next time- I would marinate longer- a couple of hours and instead of throwing out the left over sauce in the bag I would drizzle it on top of the fish before broiling it so it'll have a sweet sticky crust on it. 
This is not Eli friendly, but it is Advocare friendly.  I just broiled plain salmon for Eli and he had some garden fresh green beans with us.
Last night's dinner was soooooo good!  Shrimp tacos at restaurants have become one of my favorite things, so I was so happy to find this.  Technically the shell is boarder line Advocare friendly but the recipe was very adaptable for Eli.  Eli didn't eat anything but the shell for some reason- he decided the rest would make him sick.  And Ella went crazy saying it was too spicy, but I think I can make this again in a way everyone will eat it.  Lyle and I loved it!
I technically didn't make this right either- It's supposed to be Honey Lime Tequila Shrimp tacos, but I couldn't find the tequila, so it was just honey lime shrimp tacos.  I also didn't let the shrimp marinade as long as I was supposed to...because I didn't plan my time well.
So first you make marinade and get the shrimp going...
I use frozen shrimp that is already deveined, washed and peeled.- 2 lbs 
In a bowl combine...
- 2 Tbsp honey
- lime juice- 2 limes worth
- 1/2 cup tequila (I did without and it was good)
-1 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle powder( I think this is was made Ella crazy, so I'll half it next time)
Mix well and toss in shrimp, marinade for 4-12 hours.
When getting ready to make dinner, make the slaw
- 1/2 head of thinly slice red cabbage (I chunky sliced it because I didn't want to take the effort of getting it small)
In a bowl, whisk...
-1/4 cup lime juice
-1 tsp Dijon mustard
-sea salt to taste
-pepper to taste
-1/2 cup of light oil, I used grapeseed
until emulsified.  Toss in the cabbage and there's your slaw.
Dice up 2 avocados.
To make chipotle creama...
- put 1-2 pieces of chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (comes in a can) in food processor (I used the magic bullet) and get it smooth, stir in 1 cup sour cream until color is even.
Grill shrimp or saute in a pan, about two minutes each side until a nice orange color and heated through.

My delicious tacos!  yum!

Heat up corn or flour tortilla shells, put on avocados, slaw, shrimp and drizzle with chipotle creama and garnish with cilantro.  For the Eli friendly...he just had corn tortillas (Ella and Lyle prefer flour) and no chipotle crema.  That's it :)

Eli friendly tacos- corn tortillas and no sour cream sauce

Tonight I'll be making some sort of chicken salad, since I got a roasted chicken at the store with a coupon and we tore it all off the bone yesterday!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment