Saturday, August 31, 2013

7 layer salad and my own energy bites

So last night's dinner was a 7 layer salad...except for Eli's...I guess his was technically a 6 layer salad.  Why is it 7 layer anyways?  It has more than 7 layers of things.  Oh well.  Easy to make but supposed to set in the fridge for at least 8 hours...well I didn't make it far enough ahead of time and it only sat for 4 and was good. 
Start by making some crispy bacon to top it, so it can cool off to handle.
Then in a bowl, put a layer of lettuce, then diced tomatoes, and  then sliced cucumbers. Then make a layer of thawed frozen peas and chopped green onions, then a layer of sliced radishes.  In a separate bowl combine 2 cups sour cream, 1 cup mayo, 1/4 cup lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix well and spread over radish layer.  Top with shredded cheese and bacon.  
Eli's was the same except no dressing and no cheese.  


Ella wanted a picture with it...weirdo!
 Next I decided we needed some energy bites in the fridge again.  I was too lazy to look up a recipe and felt I've made several and could wing it just fine.  I didn't measure anything, just dumped.  I did some quick oats, ground flax, granola, coconut flakes, and mini chocolate chips.  Then added vanilla, honey, peanut butter and almond butter.  Mixed up, rolled into balls and refrigerated.  Done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment