Friday, August 2, 2013

Spaghetti Squash

Well, Pinterest did it again :)
Yesterday I made some spaghetti squash- the first time the kids or myself have ever had it.  I put some spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs on it and it was Advocare and Eli friendly!  No extra food being cooked for someone else.
I didn't know what to expect, but it was pretty good!  It doesn't taste anything like noodles, which for some reason I thought it would from what I've seen people pin about it.  It kind of has a sweet flavor to it and just a little crunch.
To cook it I split the squash in half (this is for sure the hardest part....I wasn't sure I was going to be able to!  This thing wouldn't go easy even with Cutco knifes!)
You scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff (kind of like a pumpkin, just less of it).
Coat it with olive oil, salt and pepper it and I put some garlic on it.
Pop it in a baking dish with a cup of water in the bottom and throw it in the oven at 375 for about an hour.  You test it to see if it's done by taking a fork and scraping a small part, if it pulls apart easy it's done. :)
Let it cool for 25 minutes, then take your fork and scrape the insides into a bowl. 
That's it.  Done.

Tonight- cabbage rolls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment