Friday, August 30, 2013

Cauliflower poppers and Chicken with Peaches


So I found a perfect meal!  No alterations for allergies, perfect for Advocare cleanse, easy to do, and very yummy!
Cauliflower poppers:  Cut and wash a head of cauliflower, toss with olive oil (enough to lightly coat), salt and pepper then put on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for an hour, stirring three times.  Yum yum!  It has a nice crunch, sweet taste.  It actually reminded me of the Kale chips I made awhile ago, but this was SO MUCH easier!
Chicken with peaches:  Salt and pepper chicken breasts, put in baking pan (No oil needed :) ) and put a fresh sliced peach (although I bet you can used canned too) on top.

Eli wanted a picture of "his food" even though it was the same!
So reviews-  Lyle and I both loved the cauliflower, the kids ate it but Ella said it had no taste and dipped it in ketchup.  The kids loved the chicken, but wouldn't eat the peaches with it.  Ella said they tasted like chicken.  Lyle and I thought the chicken was okay, but kind of plain.  I'm thinking of marinading the chicken in some peach juice from a can, then eating cold peaches from the can with the chicken...maybe next week since it's easy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment