Friday, August 9, 2013

Breakfast Bars

So I tried another Pinterest recipe to try to find breakfast bars that are healthy for my husband and daughter to have (and if it's diet friendly for me to have too!)  This latest one was okay- but was super dense and heavy.  Not sure how to tweak it to change.  That being said, it's chewy and super healthy if you want to try.  Pictured is a double batch, which I should have made because we barely ate any! 
Preheat oven to 350 and grease baking dish.  Mix together the following ingredients, pour into dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour (can pulse whole oats to make flour)
1 cup whole oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds (can omit)
2 tablespoons flax meal (can omit)
1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk of choice
1/2 cup raisins, craisins or golden raisins
1/4 cup of chopped nut of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon of salt
handful of chocolate or white chips (optional)
I do wonder if I had only made a single batch and spread it thinner if it would have tasted better.  Maybe someday I'll try again, but I got other recipes to try first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment