Thursday, January 27, 2011

Greek-style chicken with Lemon and Oregano

1/27/11
So yesterday I made this chicken, and it tasted like chicken.   That could be the end of this post.   I put it in the crock pot on low for 6 hours with the sauce and turned it a few times to get coated.  The sauce is 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 large cloves of garlic, juice of 2 lemons, 2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and you are supposed to garnish with lemon slices.
Tasted like a chicken.

The orignal recipe calls for you to put it in the oven at 350 degrees and pour the sauce over it.  Cook it for 30 minutes basting once, then flip and cook another 30-40 minutes.  IF you want you can put under the broiler for 2 minutes to crisp up the skin.  and garnish.
I didn't even take pictures, because it looked like.... you got it.  Chicken.

I was just hoping for some yummy flavors or something and there was nothing.  The sauce smelled so good when it was mixed.  I may at some point bake chicken breasts with this flavor combo and that would probably be good as a marinade, but roasting a whole chicken in it just doesn't do anything with the flavors.

We haven't had the best week this week, with Eli having a dry cough and runny nose, and the congestion has made him gag on his food a couple of times.  And his speech therapy today is cancelled because his therapist is sick (she sounds aweful on the phone).  I just don't have any appetite for some reason, just nothing sounds good. And Lyle said he felt a little sick to his stomach yesterday but didn't get sick. 
Also of concern is finances at the minute.  Seems like the first of the year is the only time we have a credit card balance.  So I'm not going to do new recipes this next week, but I still have the butternut squash to do.  One good thing though is that we will be going to Cincinnatti in a few weeks after my sister has my new nephew (no name) and we'll spend a chunk of change at Jungle Jim's to get things we can't find her locally to make things (especially flours and shortening I hope!)
So once we're back from that we'll be able to make muffins, pancakes, buscuits and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment