Thursday, January 20, 2011

Everyday Sweet Potato Bake and more!

1/20/11
My computer isn’t getting along with me today and I’m not sure why…so I’ll see if I can get this posted today.
Yesterday I made another big pot of the Lady from Naples Red Sauce that turned out yummy and I made a bunch of lasagna to go along with it.  This isn’t allergy friendly, Eli just had his noodles and sauce, but I made several to put in our freezer and two to go to my sister’s house since her baby is due within a few weeks. 


Also today, I made Everyday Sweet Potato Bake.  I took 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut them into one inch pieces.  I boiled covered in water 15-20 minutes until tender.  When the potatoes are tender, you drain them and return them to the pot.  You add 2 Tbsp of canola oil, ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 ½ Tbsp maple sugar(I used brown sugar), and ¾ cup of orange juice and mix with blender.  If you need, add a little more orange juice to make a nice whipped potato consistency.  Spoon whipped potatoes into greased casserole or loaf pan and arrange some orange slices on top.  Crumble a little more maple or brown sugar on top and a little cinnamon too.  Bake about 1 hour until sugar becomes caramelized and orange slices are cooked and tender.  I placed these in small, individual baking dishes because I have made this before and Eli is the only one who liked it, so this way I made one for tonight and the rest in the freezer for some other day!






I attempted to make a Indian Rice Pancake our speech therapist told me about...um it ended up just being a bowl of wet rice with some lentils.  It was supposed to be able to be made into a batter but it never happened after soaking for hours, so that idea is tabled.


I was going to make the Turkey Meatloaf finally, but I got tired of cooking and I ran out of time before dinner (forgot it takes an hour!)  So that’s on the menu tonight, and I plan on making another non-Eli friendly meal for the freezer for my sister again probably today.  I like cooking but yesterday I spent from 8 am until 12:30 cooking and had to do two loads of dishes and already have another load stacked up before starting again today-Booo!!!

1 comment: