Friday, January 21, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf

So I was supposed to make meatloaf last night....and I didn't.  We went to Walmart and had a junk food run and didn't get back in time for the hour cooking meatloaf takes. 
So today while I was finally taking time to make Chicken Tortilla Bake for my sister's freezer (not Eli friendly. a recipe I got from my sister in law Patti before Ella was born as something to freeze and cook later) I mixed all the ingredients for meat loaf and put in the fridge so I had no reason to procrastinate again.  Part of the procrastination in truth is the fact that I've never tasted a meat loaf I really like, and the ground turkey is getting old and I'm tired of it!

So that said...look back a few posts for all the ingredients and mix them all in a bowl.  Put in a loaf pan or a deep baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  This recipe makes a huge loaf, and I'm not sure it would fit in a loaf pan even if I could find mine!  Here's before cooking:
And here's after on the plate:


So the critics say:  Lyle thinks it's missing something but thinks all meatloaf is missing something...just not sure what.  (Translation: wants more seasoning, and since this only has salt, pepper, and parsley it wouldn't be hard to experiment).
I didn't think it was too bad...for meatloaf.  I  didn't feel like I was choking it down or anything.  And another point Lyle made was the Turkey meat was very moist and wasn't dry or hard like a lot of meat loafs.
Ella said "I actually like this mom"  High praise from her.
Eli ate more than half of his, so that's good...but he started scratching his hands after and I'm not sure if that's something messing with his skin or him just being itchy.
So long story short...I think we'll try again sometime and experiment with Italian style seasonings and extra veggies and Mexican style seasonings and veggies.  All in all a decent dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment