Monday, May 19, 2014

Herbal Cleanse Days 3, 4, and 5

So it's been another long, tired weekend. 
Saturday was day 3, and I just didn't feel the greatest.  I couldn't motivate myself to get around and move.  I knew I could with some Spark, but didn't want to take some because I wanted a nap before working night shift.  So I kind of just puttered around.  For breakfast I think I had some eggs that the hubby made and a banana.  Lunch was one of my soup creations.  I tried to take a nap but Eli wanted to nap with me and therefore just kicked me for two hours.  Somehow after all of that I felt a little better and walked on the treadmill.  Nothing earth shattering, but I did it!  Dinner that night was chicken fajitas- so I had a smidgen of cheating with the tortillas, but loaded it with lots of veggies.  I was feeling better by the time I went to work and had some Fruit Punch Spark to put a spring in my step for working. 
During the night- somewhere between day 3 and 4- I did have a few lifesavers that I ate, a 6 inch Subway sandwich, and some peaches.   I also walked laps around the unit during one 15 minute period.  Oh- by the way, when I work night shifts I drink at least six 16 oz bottles of water a night.
Day 4 morning- got home and crashed and burned.  I was tired.  I woke up around 3, ate a snack of oven roasted turkey breast lunch meat and strawberries.  I got on the treadmill and burned over 400 calories doing an odd mix of inclines and speeds.  For dinner I used the leftover chicken from the fajitas and made a salad and washed it down with a Grape Spark.  At work, I succumbed to all the food we had around and had a Twix (but it was a mini one!).    Sometime during the night between day 4 and 5 I had- peaches, a 100 calorie pack of Cheeze Its (yes, not technically allowed), and another mini Twix.  I had a rough night, was exhausted and wanted to eat to stay awake.  But overall I kept it in line.  I also walked the unit 3 different times for about 10-15 minutes each. 
Day 5 so far- I've had a nap, two 16 oz bottles of water, a banana.  I'm going to have soup again and dinner we're going out to eat because of a house showing, so I'll probably screw up again unless I can find a yummy salad where my husband wants to go.  Not sure what if any more exercise will happen today- we call it Mean Mommy Monday.  The day after night shift weekends where I'm trying to adjust again.
Hope all have a good Mean Mommy Monday.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment