Friday, April 5, 2013

Banana Bread Take 3 and Chicken

So,  today I tried another banana bread variation because Eli has been asking for banana bread since his was gone after Easter.  This time I tried...

3 smashed bananas
1 egg replacer per Ener-G egg replacer directions
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 Tablespoons hot water
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/4 cup of King Author AP Gluten Free Flour
1/4 cup of the "butter" melted- It's Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread

Mix it all together and bake about an hour.
This is what it looked like...

Smelled okay, but texture was WAY off!  It cut funny and didn't taste good at all to me.  Eli liked it, but he doesn't know better!  :)  Back to the drawing board.  Canola oil was much better than that buttery spread.

The other thing I did this morning was buy a bunch of chicken breasts- it was on sale at Kroger for $1.79/lb!  So I bought a ton of chicken, marinades and freezer bags.  The only thing my husband asked is if it was that price why I didn't buy more!

So I packaged several plain chicken breasts in single freezer bags because Eli can't have the marinades- they have soy and some have wheat and nuts.  Then I made about 6 packages of single breasts with marinades for me for lunches and the rest I put 3 breasts in a large back with marinades for dinners for the family.  This is all in prep for when I start my Advocare 24 day challenge!  I eat a lot of chicken anyways, but when you eat mostly chicken, turkey and fish every day you need a little variation in life!  So flavors is the best and lower calorie way to do it! 


Other things before starting my challenge is to make a new play list for the I-pod to pump me up for workouts and to make a calender with exercises for each days.  I downloaded a calender from Advocare with a 24 day challenge plan, but I want to keep my treadmill workouts and not only do DVD workouts so I want to change it around a little for me.  :)

I started a pinterest page to look for food ideas, recipes, and exercise ideas and several of these pages I've pinned to so far has "best workout songs" so I'll be spending some time on I-tunes soon!  Any ideas, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment