Friday, October 24, 2014

Sweet potato salad and an update!

Sweet Potato Salad: 
With trying to be healthy and eating only good carbs (or mostly :)  )  so I decided to do an experiment to replace regular potatoes with sweet potatoes for my potato salad recipe.  I got the idea after I had a great sweet potato salad at a local restaurant.  
So this delicious and healthier potato salad includes:
Boiled sweet potatoes- boiled in salted water
Mayo
Mustard- just a little
Boiled Eggs- 2-3
Chopped pickles or relish- we like a lot!
Dill seasoning- just a dash
Marzetti brand cole slaw dressing- maybe a 1/4 cup?

If you can tell my the "recipe" I just throw it together until it looks right and tastes great, and it does!  
Now that Eli can have soy and eggs he can also eat it- so we'll be having this for dinner with baked fish.

So how is my exercising working out?  It's tough!  Lifting weights is hard work and I could barely walk for a day after squats and lunges!  I decided for now I'm doing two days on and one day off because I couldn't move to do the third day!  Just remember to listen to your muscles and mine were screaming.
I've been doing tabata using weight exercises that came with my set of barbells.  Here's the poster:
I wasn't worried about getting a good picture because I'm sure it's copyrighted by Gold's Gym- so look online for good exercises.  That's what I'll be doing when my muscles don't hate me as much as they used to. :)
My measurements:
Weight- 181 lbs (+ 1 lb)
Waist- 38.75 inches (- .25 inches)
Hips- 42.75 inches (- .25 inches)
Breast- 39.75 inches (- .25 inches)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment