Sunday, October 19, 2014

New idea for exercise- weights

So I have a friend in another state.  A little over a year ago she was challenged to slim down and buff up and do a swimsuit competition.  After a lot of hard work and dedication she looks amazing and did the bikini contest.   For all of those who were impressed with her results(including me) had questions like: what was your exercise routine, what do you eat, any supplements?
Her answers were kind of surprising.   She then posted pictures of herself on facebook at similar weights but two different diet and exercise routines and THAT was amazing!   She looked good in both, but there was not a bit of fat on that second picture!   She was toned, tightened and strong.
The difference was lifting weights, and her suggestion to any girl who wants to slim down is to lift up.  Literally.
The first picture she would do over 2 hours of cardio almost every day of the week and not eat one carb.  None.
The second picture she would do weights for 45 minutes a day and cardio 10-20 minutes a day and eat complex carbs and even eat what she wanted on the weekends.
The reason why this works is because your muscles will burn the fat if we keep it up and give it a chance.

So my latest idea is how to find a way to incorporate weights, and not just wimpy 5 lb dumbbells into a daily exercise.  This is hard for me and probably would be for most women.  We don't know how to do this, or where to start.  I don't have money to invest in a bunch of weights or a gym membership let along the training.  I don't have time to go to said gym and work with a personal trainer.
What I do have is 5 and 8 lb dumbbells and time in the evening to workout.  My new workout for at least three weeks is going to be Tabata strengthening 3 days on, one day off (very similar to a cross training program).  I hope this will get me jump started and time to save to buy higher weights as I go on.  My weight set came with some whole body weight exercises I've never tried and I know will make me sore the next day for awhile.  I'll let you know how it goes and keep posting my results and pain.  :)

10/18 measurements:
Weight- 180 (same)
Waist- 39 inches (-.75 inches)
Hips- 43 inches (-.5 inches)
Breast- 40 inches (same)

No comments:

Post a Comment