Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Allergy Friendly Breakfast Bars

So inspiration struck me the other day when I couldn't sleep after working a third shift.  I could make a breakfast bar for Eli using rice cereal and sunbutter (a peanut butter like stuff but made with sunflower seeds).  So I bought some rice krispies, sunbutter and started tossing stuff together!
 So I started with dry ingredients- rice krispies, dried cranberries, raisins, honey roasted sunflower seeds, and coconut flakes.  Tossed these in honey and sunbutter until it all sticks together. Put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes then took it out- looked like this.
 I tried to roll this into balls, but it didn't lend well to rolling, so I pressed it into a Tupperware as bars and put in the fridge again.  Once they are totally cold I can cut it into bars and give to Eli to try!
Hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment