Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chicken experiment

So today I'm going to try something I haven't done before.  I'm going to take frozen chicken, thaw it, throw some marinade on it and refreeze it.  In a month or so I want to see if it's freezer burnt.  It's 20 cents cheaper a pound to buy the prefrozen breasts, so I'm hoping there is no freezer burn and I can do this consistantly to make dinner planning easier.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Also today, I should be able to finish the manners book I was reading: Emily Post's The Gift of Good Manners: A parent's guide to raising respectful, kind, considerate children by Peggy Post and Cindy Post Senning.  Well, really I have only read to the teen years, but since neither of my kids are there yet I need to get through the younger years first!  I hope to take all the information I've gathered and make a game plan for both of the kids, but especially Ella.  Eli looks up to her so much I think if I can really get the rest of us on board he'll follow suit. 
Then it'll be Ella's turn to really read her manners book and talk through the information she is reading about with me to make sure she understands.  But just the last two weeks of starting with little things such as the magic words and dinner time manners things have improved.  Or maybe that's just my attitude!  :)  Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment