Sunday, March 31, 2013

Banana Bread

So it's been a long time since I've tried to make an Eli friendly banana bread, but last time it turned out okay.  I've been saving bananas in the freezer since I haven't had bread for Lent, so I have enough to make 2 loafs of bread today (since I can't sleep but I should) and I'm going to make one with my regular recipe, and one that's "Eli friendly" and modified from the last time.  This time I used...

3 smashed bananas
1 cup of sugar
1 and 1/4 King Author All Purpose Flour
Ener-G Egg Replacer- 1 egg per box directions
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 TBS hot water
pinch of salt
Just under a 1/4 cup of canola oil
2 Tablespoons of applesauce
Pinch of Xanthan Gum

So we'll see if this is better or worse than last time....it's baking now!

No comments:

Post a Comment