Sunday, December 7, 2014

Set yourself up for success!

If you plan on using Advocare products the best advice I can give you is set yourself up for success!
If you use the cleanse but don't diet and exercise, you've wasted $30.  That's all there is to it. 
You can buy all the supplements in the world you want, but if you don't do the basics of any weight loss program that really works- diet and exercise- it won't help.

If you want to get the most for  your money, you simply plan!
  • Have good things to eat at home: vegetables, fruits, lean meats.
  • Get rid of snack foods that will tempt you!  Get rid of the Halloween candy that you haven't managed to eat!  It was a month ago anyways!
  • Plan meals ahead of time and go shopping so you know you have ingredients so you don't fall back on processed/prepackaged things that are usually full of sodium and refined carbs.
  • Decided on a reasonable exercise routine that will work with your life.  If you can't get up in the mornings, don't expect to rely on that for exercise time because you may do it a few days but you will have trouble setting a habit which is the goal.
  • Don't start a cleanse when you have something coming up that you know will be impossible- Christmas Parties are close and if you aren't able to resist temptation you'll be wasting your money and supplements!  However, if you're able to hold off if you're doing a program it can help you from overeating. 
  • If you are sick- delay. This happened to me and why you haven't heard from me lately.  I had a cold last week.  Runny nose, sore throat.  The last thing I was going to do is exercise.  I'm not starting a diet to boost results while going through that, it wouldn't help as much as I would be looking for!

I have started my cleanse- today is Day 1!
My current numbers:
Weight- 177 lb (down 3 lbs from last weigh in 11/15)
Waist- 37.5 inches (Down 0.5 inches)
Hips- 43 inches (up 0.5 inches)
Bust- 39 inches (down 0.5 inches)

These decreases aren't accidents- I did exercise and watch what I ate these last two weeks.  I just had a cold and didn't want to put pressure on myself to do something that wouldn't let me heal.  I walked instead of jogged.  I ate soup that had some noodles.  If I'm going to spend the money on supplements and cleanse, I'm going to get my money's worth and I wouldn't be able to while sick with the creeping crud.  

If you have any questions on Advocare, let me know!    They've helped me meet my goals before and I know it will again!  I'm ready to get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment