Thursday, April 12, 2012

Talapia

So last night we ate the Talapia...yuck.  Of course I have yet to eat Talapia not drenched in tartar sauce that I like.  Lyle and both kids loved it, but I wouldn't eat it.
I brushed the fish with olive oil, and put southwestern seasoning, cumin and cinnamon on it.  I don't know why, I just started putting stuff on it.  Along the side we had baked sweet potatoes. 

A good thing I made yesterday was a veggie rice soup.  I took carrots, celery and broccoli and boiled in water with some bullion cubes (Eli wouldn't be able to eat with bullion because it has wheat,  but I could have used chicken or veggie stock and he could).  I made brown rice in another pan and when the veggies had just a little crunch left I added the rice and enjoyed.  It was yummy!  Only problem was sodium content would have been through the roof.  I'm thinking I can make it very low sodium with a homemade veggie stock that I made before going through the cookbook for Eli!  Definately a must do again!  I could also add some chicken breast!

I have been doing twice a day workouts so today I did Zumba this morning, and will probably do my treadmill this evening.  I'm going to try to contain myself from weighing again until day 10 because I don't want to start obsessing about every pound!   Tonight is some kind of chicken dish with broccoli probably, maybe cauliflower, who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment