Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 5 and Southwest Chicken

Today is Day 5 of my Advocare 10 day program.  I ran on the treadmill yesterday for 55 minutes doing a “cardio burn” program, and today did the same thing but 45 minutes.  I also did some light weight work and some AB reps.  Out of curiosity I checked my weight and measurements because I stepped on the scale last night and was pleasantly surprised.  Well, doing my “official” way to do my weight, I am down 8 lbs, and have an inch off my belly and ¾ of an inch off my hips!  YAY!  Awesome!
So last night I made a yummy, healthy family dinner.  We had garlic green beans, southwest chicken, and brown rice (for Eli, Ella, and I).

The garlic green beans are fresh green beans sautéed in a little olive oil with garlic.  That’s it.  Simple and we all like it.
The southwest chicken was chicken breasts, baked in a little olive oil and I seasoned both side with a very little salt and lots of pepper and Pampered Chef’s Southwest seasoning.  Very yummy and easy again. 
Brown rice was brown rice, and I made it right this time instead of soggy!  J  Tonight I’m thawing Tilapia and will need to experiment with seasoning to find a way I may like it. 
My goal is to have a BMI either normal or close to normal by the time I turn 30 (May 27th).  And it would just be a shame to have to buy a new wardrobe for Florida this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment