Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rice Salad

So this is probably the most unappetizing thing my husband has heard of, because he hates rice.  But Eli usually eats rice right up so I thought I'd try this.  This is also from Cybele Pascal"s cookbook the Whole Food Allergy Cookbook.

The ingredients:
4 cups cooked rice
1 green bell pepper finely chopped
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
4 scallions chopped (white and green parts)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
8 radishes chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp Honey
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped herbs (seems to be of choice, I used basil but she lists parsley and cilantro as other options)

Mix it all together and refridgerate.  That's it.
Here's the veggies:
Here's it all together:

So it smells okay, and actually before putting in the vinegar and olive oil it smelled divine with all those yummy veggies.  I haven't tried it....Mostly because I'm chicken.  I just don't care for vinegarettes so I still haven't tried it yet.  I need to because this might be good or just need some tweaking.  Lyle and Ella won't touch it for the rice.  Eli surprised me and wouldn't try it either.  I'm going to try to give it to him for lunch again tomorrow to see if he will. 
He didn't try the muffins I made much the first time either, but after that he had at least 2 a day because he loved them!
So we'll be brave and try for lunch.  It would make an easy picnic thing for him if he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment