Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Banana Bread

Okay, so this is a Sarah Original kind of recipe.  I've decided we aren't having much luck with the cookbook thing because there hasn't been anything we've all liked. 
My original banana bread recipe is as followed (I've made it hundreds of times before)

3 smashed bananas
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 TBSP hot water
pinch of salt

Mix all together and bake at 350 degrees for about a hour. you know it's done when a butter knife comes out clean.

My modified recipe:

3 smashed bananas
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup King Author Gluten Free multipurpose flour blend
1/4 cup canola oil
Ener-G egg replacer- the equivilent of one egg on the package
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 TBSP hot water
pinch of salt

Same baking instructions
looked like this:

So it looked the same and smelled the same.  Differences:  denser bread, and not as sweet tasting.  Also had a little after taste but not too bad considering.
It's a good start and best gluten free baking I've done so far.  I think I'll keep playing with this, trying maybe some applesauce in it for sweetness and moisture.  not sure yet what all I'll do.
Any suggestions are great!  But for a first try pretty decent!  All four of us ate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment