Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shopping Trip

So I had a great visit with both my sisters this weekend and we did our trip to Jungle Jims.  I got a few things but ended up a little disappointed.  I got the flours I needed, but they are processed in a plant that manufactures other things (wheat, nuts).  I didn't have any other options, so I'm going to try it.  I didn't find regular shortening, but I'm going to try what we consider Eli's butter for that.  I also couldn't find any other kinds of snacks like cookies, crackers or chips which is kind of disappointing.
One really good thing, was I found some Tempt Hemp Ice Cream for Eli to try and he loved it!  Ice cream made of hemp milk and has nothing he's allergic to.  Of course with him not getting a lot of sugar on a regular basis he was geared up to go after getting that sugar in his system!
Soon I'll be making regular trips to Fort Wayne for school and will make a trip to the Coop that I still haven't made to try to find more things for him.

As I get to baking this week (Maybe Monday, definately Tuesday) I'll be posting how things work out for us!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's Jennifer from Living Harvest. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed Tempt ice cream! I would love to send you some coupons-- if you're interested, please email me at jennifer@livingharvest.com.

    ReplyDelete