Saturday, May 19, 2012

Work out tip

So for those who might be reading this interested in weight loss....  if you work out using a treadmill consider upping the incline to boost calorie burning.
For example:
 10 minutes at 3 mph (a walk) with no incline burns 39 calories
 10 minutes at 3 mph with an incline of 3% (which isn't much) burns 53 calories
 10 minutes at 5 mph (decent jog) with no incline burns 102 calories
 10 minutes at 5 mph with 3% incline burns 114 calories

Totally worth the extra incline in my opinion! I do a program on my treadmill called fat blast that takes the incline up and down automatically and other than warm up and cool down is between 3% and 5% incline.  I then manually increase or decrease speed depending on my motivation or mood.  I always do at least 3.7 mph (good power walk) but when I feel like jogging take it up to 5 mph.  Today I did 60 minutes on this program, and 20 minutes in a row of it at 5 mph, then another 8 minutes later at 5 mph and the rest at 3.7 except a 3 minute cool down- this burn 544 calories!  I can eat my "cheat" food today knowing I've burnt most or all of it off already!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment